FORUM RULES UPDATED - The forum rules have been updated to continue to provide a friendly and safe environment for our member community. Please take a moment to review the updated rules and our terms of use and privacy policy. Click here for Forum Rules which has links to the 'terms of use' and 'privacy policy'.
In Other News . . .
You will notice a few enchancements to the forums to make your experience better. These include: Email Notifications, Thread Previews, Thread Starter Notation, and Emoji Options on the 'Like' icon. . .
Additionally, the merchant portions of the website have been updated and are now operational. . . . Check out iBoats for all your boating gear.
Hello, I have finished my engine rebuild and want to run it on a test stand before reinstalling it. My question is can I just attach my garden hose to the water inlet hose at the circulating pump? I have run lots of car engines on a stand, but that was with a closed cooling system and a...
Re: Merc 260 camshaft
Ok, I went with a K1102 cam from summit racing. It has nearly the same timing numbers with a little better valve lift. I will let everyone know how it works as soon as I get the motor back in the boat.
I am rebuilding the 260 merc/Chevy 350 in my 1980 searay srv 240. Just a basic rebuild, new flattop pistons, three angle valve grind, new crankshaft. I know that the factory cam for this motor is the mellings 22124, but was wondering if there is a better choice for this engine and boat combo...