FORUM RULES UPDATED - The forum rules have been updated to continue to provide a friendly and safe environment for our member community. Please take a moment to review the updated rules and our terms of use and privacy policy. Click here for Forum Rules which has links to the 'terms of use' and 'privacy policy'.
In Other News . . .
You will notice a few enchancements to the forums to make your experience better. These include: Email Notifications, Thread Previews, Thread Starter Notation, and Emoji Options on the 'Like' icon. . .
Additionally, the merchant portions of the website have been updated and are now operational. . . . Check out iBoats for all your boating gear.
I have issues with 1988 60 HP Evinrude ?pulsating? at above ? throttle.
I used 50:1 mix gas tank was topped of last week of June and I did add some stabilizer to it 1st week of July when I realized I needed different engine. I made sure there were no air bubbles in fuel line, yet I still had...
1988 60 HP Evinrude. This Wednesday I shall take the boat to the lake and slowly start breaking it in (since pistons & rings have been replaced). Are there any recommendations as far as the break in procedure ? keep it under ? throttle for next 10 ? 15 hours? I do not have any gauges, so how...
Hello there,
These are the photos of 1988 60 HP Evinrude. I was told that it had pistons & rings replaced (pistons looked brand new when examined from spark plug point of view), as well as water pump impeller. It requires a squirt of ether to start up ? I am trying to wean it off. Concern I...
I had 50 HP Evinrude (1971 50 HP Evinrude model 50173 S, serial number E16936) with Johnson Hydro-Electric Drive controls with electric shifter and choke.
I have purchased on eBay 1983 70 HP Evinrude E70ELCTE. Seller was kind to include set of old controls that are compatible with the 70 HP...