FORUM RULES UPDATED - The forum rules have been updated to continue to provide a friendly and safe environment for our member community. Please take a moment to review the updated rules and our terms of use and privacy policy. Click here for Forum Rules which has links to the 'terms of use' and 'privacy policy'.
In Other News . . .
You will notice a few enchancements to the forums to make your experience better. These include: Email Notifications, Thread Previews, Thread Starter Notation, and Emoji Options on the 'Like' icon. . .
Additionally, the merchant portions of the website have been updated and are now operational. . . . Check out iBoats for all your boating gear.
I just bought a 2000 Yamaha Suv with 74 hours on it. After riding for approximately 45 minutes, the engine suddenly cut out on me. It started back up immediately, but would only run at low rpm. I brought to shore and checked things over. I remembered reading about vapor lock in these machines. I...
My 25hp mariner starts fine runs a short while (5 mins) then quits. I can restart almost immediately again then it dies more quickly. The motor seems to die when the you change rpm either in neutral or in gear.
A bit of history. this spring I replaced the bulb on the fuel line after it began...
I'm looking at a boat which has a 2003 90HP johnson 4 stroke. The current owner ran the battery down and attempted to jump with jumper cables. I know that (at the very minimum) he fried the wiring harness. What else should I be concerned about? The computer?
How can I quickly test for any...