FORUM RULES UPDATED - The forum rules have been updated to continue to provide a friendly and safe environment for our member community. Please take a moment to review the updated rules and our terms of use and privacy policy. Click here for Forum Rules which has links to the 'terms of use' and 'privacy policy'.
Ok. so my 4 cylinder Merc 470 port engine won't start. I am not getting spark to 3 of the 4 cylinders. How is this possible?? Only one of the 4 spark plugs is getting spark. I pulled all 4 plugs and put to good ground. Cranked and only 1 plug arcs. WTF??
I have a twin engine and my problematic...
I've got twin engines, I dropped both lower units to replace impellers for prev maint. After making good head-way, I got cocky. Then pulled the upper gear housings off without any fuss knowing gimble bearings haven't been greased in over 5 years either. Upper gear housings came off pretty easy...
I'm replacing the impeller and cannot for the life of me get the base housing out. If previous owner/serviceman used perma seal or similar, I don't think I can get it out without damaging something. I plan on replacing it anyway but I don't want to do greater damage to the casting around it or...