FORUM RULES UPDATED - The forum rules have been updated to continue to provide a friendly and safe environment for our member community. Please take a moment to review the updated rules and our terms of use and privacy policy. Click here for Forum Rules which has links to the 'terms of use' and 'privacy policy'.
In Other News . . .
You will notice a few enchancements to the forums to make your experience better. These include: Email Notifications, Thread Previews, Thread Starter Notation, and Emoji Options on the 'Like' icon. . .
Additionally, the merchant portions of the website have been updated and are now operational. . . . Check out iBoats for all your boating gear.
Might be a stupid question, but Seloc has a manual available for my motor ('83 80 HP) for $30, I also found on oldmercs.com a Factory Service Manual for $71.
Is it worth the extra $ for the FSM? & does anyone know if the Seloc's cover over hauling? Hard to tell by the descriptions I've found.
I've got an early 80's, 80 HP Mercury outboard in-line 4 cyl. I want to get a manual so I don't have to bother you guys on the forum with stupid questions that are answered in a manual.
Where do I find the serial Number or other Identification to help narrow this down? I popped the cover and...