FORUM RULES UPDATED - The forum rules have been updated to continue to provide a friendly and safe environment for our member community. Please take a moment to review the updated rules and our terms of use and privacy policy. Click here for Forum Rules which has links to the 'terms of use' and 'privacy policy'.
In Other News . . .
You will notice a few enchancements to the forums to make your experience better. These include: Email Notifications, Thread Previews, Thread Starter Notation, and Emoji Options on the 'Like' icon. . .
Additionally, the merchant portions of the website have been updated and are now operational. . . . Check out iBoats for all your boating gear.
Is this the nut I would loosen to adjust the needles for low and high lean/rich? They are in front of the air intake box and behind the front cover plate.
I replaced the points and condensers. I checked the coils and they were good. I tested spark after I put it back together. Has nice strong spark on both cylinders. Fuel tank is good also.
Yes pressure tank is good. Cap seals when closed, the primer in it works and also builds pressure when motor is running. The oiler wick is in place on cam.
I changed points in my motor. It has great spark. Took boat to the lake. It started on 2nd pull and ran about 10 seconds then died. It wouldn't even sputter after that. Before I changed the points it was very cold blooded. When I did get it to run it ran great then suddenly died. That's when I...
Hello, I have a 1950s 16ft 56 inches wide Alumacraft boat. It has the removable aluminum cover in the front about 36 inches. It didn't have a title when I bought it, so when I got a title it says 2011. I don't see any factory numbers on it. There is an alumacraft tag on front seat that says...