FORUM RULES UPDATED - The forum rules have been updated to continue to provide a friendly and safe environment for our member community. Please take a moment to review the updated rules and our terms of use and privacy policy. Click here for Forum Rules which has links to the 'terms of use' and 'privacy policy'.
In Other News . . .
You will notice a few enchancements to the forums to make your experience better. These include: Email Notifications, Thread Previews, Thread Starter Notation, and Emoji Options on the 'Like' icon. . .
Additionally, the merchant portions of the website have been updated and are now operational. . . . Check out iBoats for all your boating gear.
Yes, the 50 HP 3 cylinder does have the same block as the 60 & 70.
I was on the road today and stopped at an Evinrude dealer. The mechanic took me out in the yard and we pulled the cover off a 70. It had the hitch pin set up, don't know what year. He said if I don't have the hitch pin to pull...
Thanks for the response.
I definitely do not have a hitch pin. It is a tiny cotter pin.
As I stated my service manual says there are 2 options.
According to the OEM manual, I have to remove the shift rod screw which I can't see without removing parts.
I have #E50ttledc and need help with disconnecting the shift rod for water pump service. My OEM service manual says there are 2 different styles.
1 - If equipped, remove the shift rod screw - A (pictured).
2- If equipped, pull the retaining pin - B from the shift lever(pictured). Push the shift...
FYI, this is actually a Suzuki with Johnson badge.
My OE service manual states operating temp should be 118F-126F.
Per manual, testing in water with digital thermometer, mine starts to open about 138F and is fully open around 145F.
New t-stat #5031758 states 60C or 140F. Why the difference...