FORUM RULES UPDATED - The forum rules have been updated to continue to provide a friendly and safe environment for our member community. Please take a moment to review the updated rules and our terms of use and privacy policy. Click here for Forum Rules which has links to the 'terms of use' and 'privacy policy'.
In Other News . . .
You will notice a few enchancements to the forums to make your experience better. These include: Email Notifications, Thread Previews, Thread Starter Notation, and Emoji Options on the 'Like' icon. . .
Additionally, the merchant portions of the website have been updated and are now operational. . . . Check out iBoats for all your boating gear.
Hello,
2006 Mercury 115 4 stroke.
I recently discovered I have an engine oil leak coming from the base of the powerhead. I pulled the powerhead and replaced 2 oil pump seals and the powerhead base gasket.
The first time I pulled the powerhead and replaced the base gasket I used RTV on only 1...
So I was running the boat the other day, ran great. Shut the engine down for a few minutes and when I went to start it back up it would crank but not run. After doing some field testing I found that if I squirt some fuel in the throttle body it would run but only briefly. That made me realize it...
From what I understand they only replaced the engine block , everything else was just taken off and put back on. Kind of annoying for 7000$
Mechanic who put the new engine in said he’s not worried about the pressure. It may just be due to clearances. I’m sort of new to boating and by no means...
I recently had a remanufactured VP 5.7 Gsi put in my boat back in September . I took the boat out twice so far this year. I noticed this last time the oil pressure gauge was pegging at 3000 rpm. Since my gauge doesn’t have actual numbers, I hooked up a manual gauge. Tells me I’m idling at 60psi...