FORUM RULES UPDATED - The forum rules have been updated to continue to provide a friendly and safe environment for our member community. Please take a moment to review the updated rules and our terms of use and privacy policy. Click here for Forum Rules which has links to the 'terms of use' and 'privacy policy'.
In Other News . . .
You will notice a few enchancements to the forums to make your experience better. These include: Email Notifications, Thread Previews, Thread Starter Notation, and Emoji Options on the 'Like' icon. . .
Additionally, the merchant portions of the website have been updated and are now operational. . . . Check out iBoats for all your boating gear.
I have a 1983 115 HP inline 6 cyl. Mercury outboard in great shape; however, the tilt trim DC motor is shot.
I need a new armature, frame/casing, and commutator. The hydraulic aspect of the motor is just fine.
My question is: What is the DC replacement motor name and purchasing no. to allow...
Battery Problem is as follows:
3 batteries on boat are identical: Everstart Marine deep cycle battery from Wal Mart
none of the batteries are connected in series or parallel
all three batteries have a strict dedicated purpose
All three batteries are charged with the same marine grade...
I have the boat repair shop do yearly tuneup, lubricant change and impellar change every January or February. Told every year, boat motor in "great shape". I use the boat once a week, regardless of weather thru-out the year.
This year, January, boat stopped cranking and I took to...