FORUM RULES UPDATED - The forum rules have been updated to continue to provide a friendly and safe environment for our member community. Please take a moment to review the updated rules and our terms of use and privacy policy. Click here for Forum Rules which has links to the 'terms of use' and 'privacy policy'.
In Other News . . .
You will notice a few enchancements to the forums to make your experience better. These include: Email Notifications, Thread Previews, Thread Starter Notation, and Emoji Options on the 'Like' icon. . .
Additionally, the merchant portions of the website have been updated and are now operational. . . . Check out iBoats for all your boating gear.
Re: 40hp '94 Force Lower Unit Keeps stripping gears
Heres the pic of the shift bracket where it looks as if someone added the top bolt? Wonder why they would add this? I noticed the 35 and 50hp use the same prop shaft but different part numbers on the gears? So are the gears the same ratios...
Re: 40hp '94 Force Lower Unit Keeps stripping gears
Finally got large pics. Do the gears look reusable? My control box is good, I just added a new gear from where I pushed it to hard and broke it last time lower unit broke and I was trying to make it back to the boat ramp from a long ways out...
Re: 40hp '94 Force Lower Unit Keeps stripping gears
Would the 80's 35hp force lower unit work? Even though the gears have different part numbers? Thanks
I have a '94 force 40hp, bought used 6 months ago. When I first got it it would jump gear doing the famous "hitting a log feeling" bucking out of forward gear. Went from doing it every 5 minutes to 1 minute then every few seconds. I put a '88 50hp forward gear and it worked for about 5 hours...