FORUM RULES UPDATED - The forum rules have been updated to continue to provide a friendly and safe environment for our member community. Please take a moment to review the updated rules and our terms of use and privacy policy. Click here for Forum Rules which has links to the 'terms of use' and 'privacy policy'.
In Other News . . .
You will notice a few enchancements to the forums to make your experience better. These include: Email Notifications, Thread Previews, Thread Starter Notation, and Emoji Options on the 'Like' icon. . .
Additionally, the merchant portions of the website have been updated and are now operational. . . . Check out iBoats for all your boating gear.
I have a 1988 175ETLG and I have rebuilt the Carb but my manual does not have the correct float information in it. It states one float for the two chambers but mine has two floats. I know they change carbs in 1988. So I need some help what is the correct measurement for the float height. If...
Ok I need some help with the recirulation lines that go from the intake to the check valves on each cylinder. I have the diagram that shows how they go and the starboard side is no trouble, I can see clearly how they go. The port side is the one that is not clear on the diagram. Thanks for any...
In an earlier thread I stated I am in the process of overhauling an older Yamaha 175. Do any of you have any tips or hints to make this easier and make this a good overhaul?
Okay let me start by saying I have never in my life even seen the inside of an outboard until last week. I have rebuilt several V8 auto engine and enjoy doing it, so figured I would try this one time at least. It is to my advantage that I have a friend that owns a shop that builds high...