FORUM RULES UPDATED - The forum rules have been updated to continue to provide a friendly and safe environment for our member community. Please take a moment to review the updated rules and our terms of use and privacy policy. Click here for Forum Rules which has links to the 'terms of use' and 'privacy policy'.
In Other News . . .
You will notice a few enchancements to the forums to make your experience better. These include: Email Notifications, Thread Previews, Thread Starter Notation, and Emoji Options on the 'Like' icon. . .
Additionally, the merchant portions of the website have been updated and are now operational. . . . Check out iBoats for all your boating gear.
I have a 1982 50HP merc (S/N in the 60,000 range). It has a brass bolt between top and bottom spark plugs where I believe the temperature sending unit is supposed to go. I want to hook up the temp send, but am not sure which one to get. Does anyone know which one I need or where I can go to...
I just finished rebuilding both carbs on the 1982 Merc 50hp on my pontoon boat and have a couple of questions about adjustments.
1) I replaced the foam floats with new plastic ones. When I put them in, each sat differently in the carb. One was very high (about 1/2" above the carb bowl...