FORUM RULES UPDATED - The forum rules have been updated to continue to provide a friendly and safe environment for our member community. Please take a moment to review the updated rules and our terms of use and privacy policy. Click here for Forum Rules which has links to the 'terms of use' and 'privacy policy'.
In Other News . . .
You will notice a few enchancements to the forums to make your experience better. These include: Email Notifications, Thread Previews, Thread Starter Notation, and Emoji Options on the 'Like' icon. . .
Additionally, the merchant portions of the website have been updated and are now operational. . . . Check out iBoats for all your boating gear.
I have an oil leak from my lower u nit.
Hasn't even been in the water since winterized in Nov. I noticed oil dripping from the lower unit housing where the prop meets the housing. The drive is set to it's lowest setting but the boat itself is tilted down a bit (whether that matters).
The...
My 1990 OMC 4.3LHO motor is equipped with an ignition module/coil pack and a timing sensor.
She starts just fine, however she idles really high, or isn't idling at all. She goes straight to 1500+ rpm's. Have adjust the fuel/air mixture on the carb (4bbl Holley). Have adjusted the idle mixture...
I have a 1990 OMC 4.3HO motor, and last year she ran perfectly.
The past few times I've had her in the water, she was running a little rough, mostly at low speeds, like something was missing/misfiring. Then ... the last time I was in the water she would not shift into idle speed. It was very...
I believe I have to replace the ignition module for my 1990 OMC 4.3LHO motor. And of course this part (#986296) is no longer available... anywhere!
Why can't I find another ignition module and install it? What was so special about this particular module that it's irreplacable?
I've read that...
I just discovered that I have a slice/hole just next to the clamp of my rubber bellow above the exhaust bellow in my lower unit. I would suspect that whoever was in there last used the wrong tool to adjust the clamp and missed the mark.
So my question is this, can I quick fix this with rubber...
i just bought a used Chris Craft BR, and determined from all day riding this weekend that the boat pulls to the left. in looking at the lower unit, we discovered the skeg on the outdrive is bent about an inch or so to the right, which causes the pulling (I think).
can this be bent back?
Hello All Wise and Helpful Boaters :),
I'm looking at my first boat purchase. It's a used Four Winns with a rebuilt Chevy 305. The mechanic who did the overhaul could not answer what type of outdrive the boat has, so I'm trying to find the answer to that all important question, since I've heard...