FORUM RULES UPDATED - The forum rules have been updated to continue to provide a friendly and safe environment for our member community. Please take a moment to review the updated rules and our terms of use and privacy policy. Click here for Forum Rules which has links to the 'terms of use' and 'privacy policy'.
Hello all, I recently removed the flywheel from my 1974 7.5hp Mercury. Upon doing so I somehow misplaced the nut that secures the flywheel. After serching for it at home I gave up and decided to purchase one at a local hardware store. After purchasing some that I thought were the correct fit I...
Hello everyone. I was recently given a 7.5hp Mercury model 75, serial # 3804990. The previous owner was having problems with the shifting linkage and then decided to rebuild the carb. To make a long story short he wasn't able to get it started and got tired of it. I already fixed the shifting...
Hello, I just recently got a 7.5hp Mercury Thunderbolt. The serial number is 3804990. Im thinking it?s from the mid 70's. My question is in regards to the choke shutter. I noticed it disassembles into two parts held with two screws. I also noticed it has a spring in the middle that might act as...