FORUM RULES UPDATED - The forum rules have been updated to continue to provide a friendly and safe environment for our member community. Please take a moment to review the updated rules and our terms of use and privacy policy. Click here for Forum Rules which has links to the 'terms of use' and 'privacy policy'.
In Other News . . .
You will notice a few enchancements to the forums to make your experience better. These include: Email Notifications, Thread Previews, Thread Starter Notation, and Emoji Options on the 'Like' icon. . .
Additionally, the merchant portions of the website have been updated and are now operational. . . . Check out iBoats for all your boating gear.
I have a 1990 6hp Evinrude and need to replace or disable the safety button at the end of the tiller. My problem is I can't figure out how to take the dang handle apart. I've twisted, pried, yanked and pounded the tiller handle and surrounding parts from every angle and nothing budges. I've...
I have a 1990 Evinrude 6hp with a broken button at the end of the tiller where the safety lanyard attaches. There are two wires running from the button to the engine. I was wondering if I cut one of the wires if it would disable the safety button feature and enable me to start the engine. I have...
Does anyone know if there is any way to wire around the the safety button mounted on the end of the tiller handle on an Evinrude 6hp 2 stroke? The button on my engine is broken and there is no way to attach the safety lanyard, so the engine won't start. I noticed there are 2 wires running to the...