FORUM RULES UPDATED - The forum rules have been updated to continue to provide a friendly and safe environment for our member community. Please take a moment to review the updated rules and our terms of use and privacy policy. Click here for Forum Rules which has links to the 'terms of use' and 'privacy policy'.
In Other News . . .
You will notice a few enchancements to the forums to make your experience better. These include: Email Notifications, Thread Previews, Thread Starter Notation, and Emoji Options on the 'Like' icon. . .
Additionally, the merchant portions of the website have been updated and are now operational. . . . Check out iBoats for all your boating gear.
I bought this engine and having what looks like fuel problems. Here is what I've done already:
Cleaned and rebuilt carbs and set them to factory specs (5/8 turns). Making sure to clean the jet holes.
Made sure the carbs were synced.
Replaced fuel pump.
Checked all fuel lines for leaks...
I cleaned out carbs, changed fuel pump, gaped spark plugs to specs, checked all the fuel hoses for clogs. Looks like a new coil pack on the bottom cylinder.
When I cleaned the carbs I did reset the slow speed needle back to 5/8ths of a turn from lightly seated.
The top cylinder is not...