FORUM RULES UPDATED - The forum rules have been updated to continue to provide a friendly and safe environment for our member community. Please take a moment to review the updated rules and our terms of use and privacy policy. Click here for Forum Rules which has links to the 'terms of use' and 'privacy policy'.
In Other News . . .
You will notice a few enchancements to the forums to make your experience better. These include: Email Notifications, Thread Previews, Thread Starter Notation, and Emoji Options on the 'Like' icon. . .
Additionally, the merchant portions of the website have been updated and are now operational. . . . Check out iBoats for all your boating gear.
So I struck a rock pretty hard with my 18' Larson with a 3.0 mercruiser and alpha one gen one out drive and I lost all thrust. I trolled my way back and disassemble it yesterday and found the driveshaft was snapped off right at the oring groove just above the impeller. Well I went ahead and...
Hey guys I just picked up a 1987 Larson 17 and a half foot boat. It has a mercruiser 3.0 and a alpha one out drive. It had been sitting since 2002 but I got it going and running good (after a long few days) and I'm looking to get a new prop just because mines dinged up bad. It goes about 36 at I...
Ok here's the story. I picked up a Chrysler charger 118 this spring. It had a 20hp Chrysler in it. Way too slow so I looked around and found a Evinrude big twin 40 locally. I got it running great and put it in the water and only get about 11mph will all four of us and 20 by myself so still not...
Hey guys I picked up a real nice charger 118 with the factory 20hp Chrysler motor on it still. It's not fast enough for me and the props bent so I got a Evinrude big twin 40hp cheap. I'm kinda confused on how I'm going to convert everything over. Looks like the steering shouldn't be an issue but...