FORUM RULES UPDATED - The forum rules have been updated to continue to provide a friendly and safe environment for our member community. Please take a moment to review the updated rules and our terms of use and privacy policy. Click here for Forum Rules which has links to the 'terms of use' and 'privacy policy'.
In Other News . . .
You will notice a few enchancements to the forums to make your experience better. These include: Email Notifications, Thread Previews, Thread Starter Notation, and Emoji Options on the 'Like' icon. . .
Additionally, the merchant portions of the website have been updated and are now operational. . . . Check out iBoats for all your boating gear.
Exactly, that's what i'm saying, if the seller doesnt have the trailer registered in his name then i cannot buy it. But hes telling me that a can call it a homebuilt to get it registered and plated.
Tried for several days to contact our local DMV with no success, recording put me on hold for over an hour. That's why im asking here. Owner says i could call it a homebuilt to avoid the red tape, but im not so sure. Trailer looks old, rust on it and bunks need work
I found a nice looking boat and trailer in our local classified ads that i was interested on buying this coming weekend . The boat has a license number on the bow but the trailer is not registered and doesn't appear to have a license plate. Does the trailer have to be inspected before i can get...
I have a 75hp main outboard engine on a 16' boat weighing approx. 1600 pounds, what size auxiliary motor would be sufficient ? The reason im asking is that im to meet someone tomorrow afternoon that's selling a 9.9 hp ( only 10 hours on the motor! ). But im not sure if the motor is powerful...
I read somewhere that anti-freeze will prevent mold from growing on wood, is this true ? Im tempted to splash some around in the bilge just as a precaution but im concerned about the paint job on my new boat. Does anyone know anything about this ?
Hi again folks or should I say fellow boaters, :) , sorry for being so late in a follow up reply, but I managed to get the boat out on the pond again last weekend . Got some good snap shots of her sitting in the water as GA suggested.
I think im slowly getting over my first time jitters , keep...
Hi GA thanks for replying, I will try to get some pics of the boat on the water but it sits quite level at rest and when it gets on plane. its only when I first throttle up. For what its worth ,Heres a pic of it sitting on the trailer about to be hauled off for sea trials.
hi folks , first time boater and first post /question. I ran my boat thru its " sea trails " (i.e on the pond) yesterday and it appeared to sink alot lower at the stern when I gave it just a small amount of forward throttle. Is this normal ? Ive heard this is called "getting out of the hole" but...