FORUM RULES UPDATED - The forum rules have been updated to continue to provide a friendly and safe environment for our member community. Please take a moment to review the updated rules and our terms of use and privacy policy. Click here for Forum Rules which has links to the 'terms of use' and 'privacy policy'.
In Other News . . .
You will notice a few enchancements to the forums to make your experience better. These include: Email Notifications, Thread Previews, Thread Starter Notation, and Emoji Options on the 'Like' icon. . .
Additionally, the merchant portions of the website have been updated and are now operational. . . . Check out iBoats for all your boating gear.
I just bought a 1985 Evinrude 4 deluxe that is brand new. I don't know if this motor was in a time capsule or what but it has never been used. The cowling has a factory sticker that says fuel ratio 100:1. Should I be running this engine 100:1 as it suggests on the engine cowl? I have an old...
I just purchased a 1985 evinrude 4hp deluxe for $167. The motor is in new condition. I think that I got a good deal but have a couple questions. Are there any issues common to these motors? Are parts readily available (best place to buy parts)? Thanks for any information.
I'm looking to restore a couple old metal outboard tanks (two standard single line and one pressurized dual line). I found the gasket kits for the pressurized tank but can't seem to find the gasket kits for the standard single line tanks. Does anyone know where I can obtain these? I'm looking...
I bought an Evinrude 4hp (1972?) as a parts motor but decided to try and get it running instead of tearing it apart. To my surprise I was able to get a good spark to both cylinders and gas to the carb. My issue is the following:
With the choke out and after a handful of pulls to the motor I...
I have a 46 5.4 zephyr that I'm restoring and would like to know what spark plugs should be used for it? In addition it has a tiller handle that does not have the integrated throttle and I would like to swap it out with one that has the integrated throttle on the end. Can this be done or is it...
I have a 66 mirrocraft 14' that I'm restoring and would like to know where I can obtain the turquoise paint for the hull to clean her up. I would like to match it as close as possible as the boat is in great shape and should not need a complete paintjob (just some touch up).
Respectfully
I have a 1969 evinrude 4 hp litetwin that after running it for about 20 minutes will not run at high/full throttle. It runs fine at the mid to low range but bogs at high rpms after she's been running for a while. Any suggestions to get me started on ttrouble shooting the problem? Maybe...
Can anyone advise me if a 15 hp big twin tiller handle from the 1950's will work on a 25 hp big twin motor 1955? I have a 1955 25 hp big twin that's missing the tiller handle. Thanks for any help