FORUM RULES UPDATED - The forum rules have been updated to continue to provide a friendly and safe environment for our member community. Please take a moment to review the updated rules and our terms of use and privacy policy. Click here for Forum Rules which has links to the 'terms of use' and 'privacy policy'.
In Other News . . .
You will notice a few enchancements to the forums to make your experience better. These include: Email Notifications, Thread Previews, Thread Starter Notation, and Emoji Options on the 'Like' icon. . .
Additionally, the merchant portions of the website have been updated and are now operational. . . . Check out iBoats for all your boating gear.
Hello everyone,
On the wiring harness that runs up to the controls, theres an extra plug in (small.. I think 4 pin) that the local shop says brings power to the console. They say I can plug a tach into it but didn't know what were the options.
It's a '95 30hp Johnson - electric start
I think...
I have a copy of the OMC service manual detailing a 1995 30hp Johnson. It has two pictures where you've removed the water pump with drive shaft and pulled it out of the lower unit. Now you've flipped it over and you're looking at the impeller.. one picture has the impeller blades going from...
Why does the manual for an electric start Johnson two stroke state I must not attempt to run the motor (pull start with rope or jump off battery) without it being hooked to its battery? The manual even goes on to say 'even if the battery is dead it must be hooked up... you must not run the...
A dirt bike racer friend of mine asked me what am I actually de-carbing when I do the SeaFoam in the tank and through carb routine. I couldn't tell him specifically. My understanding is it goes carb.. intake "manifold".. reeds.. piston.. exhaust power valve.. muffler. Is that the order.. am...
Just got back from Walmart and saw an inline canister filter about the size of an oil filter. Looks like you can mount it on the transom. I guess it takes any water out of the fuel. I'm wondering what anyone else might have to say about these. I run a Brockway skiff with the usual 6 gallon...
I'm reading other posts so I think it's the de-carbing/fogging port. The motor has been sitting for 5 years. When I get it running should I de-carb it before I get going this spring? Anything I should know, procedure, what not to do etc.
thanks
Knowing how ethanol absorbs water and reeks general havoc on chainsaws and old trucks, is there things two stroke marine guys are doing as prevention? What about a Rocor in-line fuel filter in addition to the one on the motor?
Anything would be much appreciated
LIPNS
Just picked up a low hour motor that's been sitting for a few years and wanted advice on what to look for and do. Replace t-stat?, impeller?, lower end oil, plugs, what about a Racor in-line gas filter? Will fuel lines need changing? It's in great shape, the basic issue is just that it's been...