FORUM RULES UPDATED - The forum rules have been updated to continue to provide a friendly and safe environment for our member community. Please take a moment to review the updated rules and our terms of use and privacy policy. Click here for Forum Rules which has links to the 'terms of use' and 'privacy policy'.
In Other News . . .
You will notice a few enchancements to the forums to make your experience better. These include: Email Notifications, Thread Previews, Thread Starter Notation, and Emoji Options on the 'Like' icon. . .
Additionally, the merchant portions of the website have been updated and are now operational. . . . Check out iBoats for all your boating gear.
I have an 89 Yamaha 70hp etlf. I just had the #2 cylinder bored out and I put the oversized piston and rings on. Compression is back up to 119-125 in all cylinders (125 being the bored out cylinder). The engine seems to run great except for a faint knock that I can hear at lower rpm's. I can't...
I am trying to remove the powerhead from my 89 yamaha 70hp motor and am having trouble getting it to seperate from the base. I have removed the lower unit so its not stuck on that. I have removed the six bolts on the sides and 2 in the front. I have tried lifting it out with the engine hanger...
I have a Yamaha 89 70hp outboard. I was out cruising on the water and my engine died on me. It started back up fine, got it back up on plane and 10 seconds later it died again. I was able to run it a little over idle speed to get it back to the launch, but it was running real rough. I had a hard...
I am having an issue with the alarm going off with my 89 Yamaha 70hp and have just replaced the water pump which was missing a blade. I would also like to replace the thermostat assuming there is one on this engine to rule that out as well. The impeller looked like the original so im assuming...
I do not have an owners manual for my 89 yamaha 70hp outboard, but I would like to know if anyone knows whether or not this motor has a thermostat and if so where is it located? I am troubleshooting an overheat alarm and had just replaced the water pump (which was missing a blade) and would...