FORUM RULES UPDATED - The forum rules have been updated to continue to provide a friendly and safe environment for our member community. Please take a moment to review the updated rules and our terms of use and privacy policy. Click here for Forum Rules which has links to the 'terms of use' and 'privacy policy'.
In Other News . . .
You will notice a few enchancements to the forums to make your experience better. These include: Email Notifications, Thread Previews, Thread Starter Notation, and Emoji Options on the 'Like' icon. . .
Additionally, the merchant portions of the website have been updated and are now operational. . . . Check out iBoats for all your boating gear.
Thank you! I lined the flywheel up on the crank, tightened it to 95ftlbs and it started right up! The teeth are a little worn on the flywheel so I will be looking for a replacement. I appreciate everyone responding.
Flywheel was spinning without turning the motor. Once I tightened the flywheel nut, the motor turned over but wouldn’t start, it did however backfire. When I looked that up I found that the flywheel likely jumped a tooth. Took the flywheel off and that’s exactly what happened.
I have a 1995 Mercury 175hp 2 stroke Black Max. I’m looking for the crankshaft woodruff key part number. Does anyone know?
While I was on the water the motor stopped running. When I tried to restart it the flywheel would spin but the motor would not turn over. Got the boat home, checked the...