FORUM RULES UPDATED - The forum rules have been updated to continue to provide a friendly and safe environment for our member community. Please take a moment to review the updated rules and our terms of use and privacy policy. Click here for Forum Rules which has links to the 'terms of use' and 'privacy policy'.
In Other News . . .
You will notice a few enchancements to the forums to make your experience better. These include: Email Notifications, Thread Previews, Thread Starter Notation, and Emoji Options on the 'Like' icon. . .
Additionally, the merchant portions of the website have been updated and are now operational. . . . Check out iBoats for all your boating gear.
I got my boat back from mechanic yesterday and yes it did have a blown head gasket letting water get in it. Only one cylinder is bad though. Bad I mean rusted with what looks like a piece of the gasket in it. Is rebuilding and having it bored out the best (cheapest) way or just getting a new...
Hi guys Im in desperate need of advice!! I bought an older boat with a merc 150 from a guy 2 months ago and it has blown up on me. My mechanic said it had a blown head gasket and got water in the motor. Where do I go from here??? Is a new power head the way to go or a used motor??