FORUM RULES UPDATED - The forum rules have been updated to continue to provide a friendly and safe environment for our member community. Please take a moment to review the updated rules and our terms of use and privacy policy. Click here for Forum Rules which has links to the 'terms of use' and 'privacy policy'.
In Other News . . .
You will notice a few enchancements to the forums to make your experience better. These include: Email Notifications, Thread Previews, Thread Starter Notation, and Emoji Options on the 'Like' icon. . .
Additionally, the merchant portions of the website have been updated and are now operational. . . . Check out iBoats for all your boating gear.
On start up sometimes neither cylinder sparks but usually I can get it to limp along on one cylinder for a few seconds or even a minute or two before the other cylinders gets spark and suddenly surges to life. This only happens on cold starts. It will start easy the rest of the day. On rare...
1985 25XD usually starts fine but every few mornings I can (after pulling my arm out of socket) get it to fire on one cylinder only. If I manage to keep it chugging along on one cylinder for two or three minutes the other cylinder will finally fire and it immediately runs fine the rest of the...
The Big Brown Truck should deliver my water pump kit (1985 Merc 25hp XD) from iboats today.
I?ve read through a couple tutorials on how to drop the lower unit and it all looks fairly simple but I?m still a little sketchy on disconnecting the shift linkage.
One said there is a C clip to...
I have an 84/85 25XD Merc that runs out of fuel at full throttle. If I?m quick (before it dies) I can chop it down to ? or ? throttle. The fuel bowl will slowly refill and I can floor board it again till it runs low.
I suspected leaky fuel lines and have tried new lines, new bulbs, new...