FORUM RULES UPDATED - The forum rules have been updated to continue to provide a friendly and safe environment for our member community. Please take a moment to review the updated rules and our terms of use and privacy policy. Click here for Forum Rules which has links to the 'terms of use' and 'privacy policy'.
In Other News . . .
You will notice a few enchancements to the forums to make your experience better. These include: Email Notifications, Thread Previews, Thread Starter Notation, and Emoji Options on the 'Like' icon. . .
Additionally, the merchant portions of the website have been updated and are now operational. . . . Check out iBoats for all your boating gear.
Hello, I'll get straight to it. I'm a rather new owner and have a 1987 Regal Royal 250 XL with an 87' OMC 5.0L 230 HP +Cobra drive. The boat weights 4000lbs, but with gas, people, etc. I'm sure I'm pushing close to 5000lbs or more. WOT is supposed to be between 4000-4400. I only can get 3800 or...
Hey Guys,
It's time to re-power my Regal. It has a OMC 5.0 305 with a Cobra (not King) outdrive. The 5.0 is blown and I want to power up. How much larger can I go with my current outdrive (which is great shape)? I'd like to go up to a 7.4, but not sure if the outdrive can handle it. My boat is...
Hello all.
I am a novice boat owner. After months of research I bought a 1987 Regal Royal 250 XL with a 5.0 OMC with a Cobra outdrive. I really like the look and history of the Royal and felt it fit the needs of our family. Before buying, had the previous owner start the boat and engage the...