FORUM RULES UPDATED - The forum rules have been updated to continue to provide a friendly and safe environment for our member community. Please take a moment to review the updated rules and our terms of use and privacy policy. Click here for Forum Rules which has links to the 'terms of use' and 'privacy policy'.
In Other News . . .
You will notice a few enchancements to the forums to make your experience better. These include: Email Notifications, Thread Previews, Thread Starter Notation, and Emoji Options on the 'Like' icon. . .
Additionally, the merchant portions of the website have been updated and are now operational. . . . Check out iBoats for all your boating gear.
Thank you. I thought that post was for a ground but wasn't sure. The old solenoid was an auto version so it was grounding(not very well) through the mounting bolts. I ran a new ground wire to the solenoid and problem solved.
Just bought my first boat with a motor and need some help.
Ran great until I brought it home but now won't start. I thought the solenoid was bad but now think it was just a grounding issue. The guy told me he replaced the solenoid recently but it looked nothing like the OEM. I bought an OEM...