FORUM RULES UPDATED - The forum rules have been updated to continue to provide a friendly and safe environment for our member community. Please take a moment to review the updated rules and our terms of use and privacy policy. Click here for Forum Rules which has links to the 'terms of use' and 'privacy policy'.
In Other News . . .
You will notice a few enchancements to the forums to make your experience better. These include: Email Notifications, Thread Previews, Thread Starter Notation, and Emoji Options on the 'Like' icon. . .
Additionally, the merchant portions of the website have been updated and are now operational. . . . Check out iBoats for all your boating gear.
I just recently had my twin 7.4,s rebuilt from the heads up. Had the heads machined........new manifoldss ....risers ..new gaskets etc. I then put about 50 miles on them.no problems whatsoever. I checked the oil after each run ..gauges all stayes where they should be untill my last trip out> As...
I have twin 1998 7.4 mercruiser inboards. L29 Generation 6 ( I believe). When I went to buy new plugs, I was told (by the marine store) that I have had the incorrect spark plugs installed after I got my last tune up. When I asked the mechanic who installed them about this , he stated that he...
Mercruiser risers
I just purchased a set of risers and manifilolds for two 1998 7,4 MPI engines. The risers came with the following "note" <<<Mercruiser did away with 1/8" drain at bottom of Elbow, so if owner is feeding a dripless shaft log (inboard boats only) he will need to pull cooling...
I just purchased a set of risers and manifilolds for two 1998 7,4 MPI engines. The risers came with the following "note" <<<Mercruiser did away with 1/8" drain at bottom of Elbow, so if owner is feeding a dripless shaft log (inboard boats only) he will need to pull cooling water from another...