FORUM RULES UPDATED - The forum rules have been updated to continue to provide a friendly and safe environment for our member community. Please take a moment to review the updated rules and our terms of use and privacy policy. Click here for Forum Rules which has links to the 'terms of use' and 'privacy policy'.
In Other News . . .
You will notice a few enchancements to the forums to make your experience better. These include: Email Notifications, Thread Previews, Thread Starter Notation, and Emoji Options on the 'Like' icon. . .
Additionally, the merchant portions of the website have been updated and are now operational. . . . Check out iBoats for all your boating gear.
Re: Suggestions on how to build an engine test tank??
This is what I came up with and it works great. I can control the water going in allowing me to run in gear without any trouble. This method allows for a better example of how my engine will run in the lake. I hope the pictures post, this...
Greeting from The Sooner state,
I have two outboard motors that need adjustment from time to time,,, like almost everytime I go to the lake it seems. I often tune the engine to run perfectly on muffs to only be dissapointed trying to replicate the same setting in the water. I would like to build...
Greetings from Oklahoma,
I am having problems with the reverse in my '81 60hp Johnson, J60ELC15465693. When I shift into reverse, a terrible clatter starts. The RPM's increase but there is no thrust. The first reaction is to quickly shift back to neutral before something starts to shatter apart...