FORUM RULES UPDATED - The forum rules have been updated to continue to provide a friendly and safe environment for our member community. Please take a moment to review the updated rules and our terms of use and privacy policy. Click here for Forum Rules which has links to the 'terms of use' and 'privacy policy'.
In Other News . . .
You will notice a few enchancements to the forums to make your experience better. These include: Email Notifications, Thread Previews, Thread Starter Notation, and Emoji Options on the 'Like' icon. . .
Additionally, the merchant portions of the website have been updated and are now operational. . . . Check out iBoats for all your boating gear.
My 1985 115 Johnson died while on the water. The next morning it started and died quickly. No spark. Later in the day, starts and dies. No spark.
Suggestions? Thank you
I'm on vacation and Johnson 115 (1985) has been running great. Tonight while running at about 25 it just quit. Gas is full, bulb is hard. Any ideas or suggestions?
Thank you...John
I installed a new throttle and shift cable on my Johnson 115 and all was well. This past weekend the idle adjuster arm was slack and not working. I opened the throttle box and all looked okay. I tried to tension at the grommet with no result. Now the throttle is stuck in the neutral position...
I have a 1984 Johnson 115 outboard. The boat excelerates very slowly and does not have the speed it once had (I'd say 5 to 7 mph slower). Any clues what may be causing it?
I installed a replacement idle adjuster arm in the throttle box and got it working. After I reinstalled the box to the boat I get nothing. When starting, when trying to raise the motor nothing. Perhaps a blew a fuse?? Where would I find the fuse to check it?
My Johnson 115 (a 1984) tilt motor will go up but will not go down. I have made sure there is enough fluid. The motor runs both ways so it is likely not the relays. Help, please!
I am looking at purchasing a 1987 Cheetah (17 foot w/115 Johnson engine). The key is lost. Is there a way to start without the key? How difficult is it to replace the ignition cylinder with a new one? Source on new ignition cylinder? Thank you