FORUM RULES UPDATED - The forum rules have been updated to continue to provide a friendly and safe environment for our member community. Please take a moment to review the updated rules and our terms of use and privacy policy. Click here for Forum Rules which has links to the 'terms of use' and 'privacy policy'.
In Other News . . .
You will notice a few enchancements to the forums to make your experience better. These include: Email Notifications, Thread Previews, Thread Starter Notation, and Emoji Options on the 'Like' icon. . .
Additionally, the merchant portions of the website have been updated and are now operational. . . . Check out iBoats for all your boating gear.
Re: 1969 Evinrude 6hp Fisherman. Tough Starting.... will not idle.
Took the boat on the water finally after rebuilding the carb. (I also properly gapped the plugs). What a difference! That little 6hp tank of an engine ran beautifully. Even at slow idle and trolling it ran and sounded like I...
Re: 1969 Evinrude 6hp Fisherman. Tough Starting.... will not idle.
Here is a picture of what the coils looked like when I pulled the flywheel. And I still had spark on one cylinder.. :)
So my father in law gave me an old outboard he had sitting in his basement for the last 6 years. Nice of him! I put it on a barrel, hooked up the gas, (new tank and lines), and after 3 pulls it started up, but was obviously running rough.
Cleaned and rebuilt the carb to see if it would...