FORUM RULES UPDATED - The forum rules have been updated to continue to provide a friendly and safe environment for our member community. Please take a moment to review the updated rules and our terms of use and privacy policy. Click here for Forum Rules which has links to the 'terms of use' and 'privacy policy'.
In Other News . . .
You will notice a few enchancements to the forums to make your experience better. These include: Email Notifications, Thread Previews, Thread Starter Notation, and Emoji Options on the 'Like' icon. . .
Additionally, the merchant portions of the website have been updated and are now operational. . . . Check out iBoats for all your boating gear.
I've got an Eska 5.50 that runs but has a carb problem that's driving me crazy.
It wants more gas and runs only when you blip the gas and give it more and more gas until it revving so high that you have to let off the gas, then it dies.
I've rebuilt the carburetor and cleaned it over and over...
Hey all:
I have a Briggs 5hp that has some running issues. After researching posts here I have begun to suspect the fuel quick-connect.
I could just tighten the clamp around the line to try to make it stop leaking but I'd like to go ahead and replace the quick connect head itself with a better...
Help!
I've got a (1977 I think) Mariner 8 hp (I say I think because the serial number -S 28181- which I found on the starboard side of the mounting clamps doesn't match to any identification numbers I've found on line. Other identifying marks I've found are as follows; on the cyclder head there...
Hi guys.
I've got JC Penny/ Eska 1975A 5.5hp with the Tecumseh AV600-643-20b power head.
With the help of you guys I got it running (needed points set, new coil and carb rebuild). got it running Tuesday night and after clearing its throat it ran real well.
So I came back tonight to hook it...