FORUM RULES UPDATED - The forum rules have been updated to continue to provide a friendly and safe environment for our member community. Please take a moment to review the updated rules and our terms of use and privacy policy. Click here for Forum Rules which has links to the 'terms of use' and 'privacy policy'.
Thanks for your help all! I cleaned the carbs, replacing gaskets along the way, and tossed a new fuel pump on. I did find a crack under the hose clamp on the out fuel line from the fuel pump and cut that section out but I don’t think that was the issue before as this time the bulb couldn’t get...
Thanks for all the feedback. I went ahead and got a gasket kit for the carbs and am going to give it a shot. I’ve done many dirtbike carbs and lawn mowers so I figure I could learn how to do these!
Fuel lines all look fine and bulb hardens up as it should. I did buy a new fuel pump as it wasn’t...
Hi All,
I have a new to me 1984 Johnson 40hp Seahorse. It turns on every time and idles great. When I go to cruise across the lake the speed really only seems to change the last inch of throttle and once at WOT I have to push the key in to get full power then it tapers off and I let go of the...