FORUM RULES UPDATED - The forum rules have been updated to continue to provide a friendly and safe environment for our member community. Please take a moment to review the updated rules and our terms of use and privacy policy. Click here for Forum Rules which has links to the 'terms of use' and 'privacy policy'.
In Other News . . .
You will notice a few enchancements to the forums to make your experience better. These include: Email Notifications, Thread Previews, Thread Starter Notation, and Emoji Options on the 'Like' icon. . .
Additionally, the merchant portions of the website have been updated and are now operational. . . . Check out iBoats for all your boating gear.
I have a 1996 Johnson Ocean Runner 150hp that was just recently rebuilt and the carbs cleaned. I was breaking it in over the weekend and it does not want to run in neutral or in gear at slow speeds. It runs fine if you give it a little gas. Also, if you give it a little gas when it is in...
I took off my starter and solenoid this weekend for some repairs and found that the fly wheel is very rusted. Apparently saltwater has made it in to that part of the engine and corroded the starter and solenoid as well. I looked at the engine cover and saw that the seal is not intact in the...
I have a honda 200 hp four stroke with fuel injection. When I try to start the engine, the motor just makes a humming noise from what I assume is the cylinoid (spelling?) near the starter. The battery light on the engine check system near the ignition stay on after I try to crank it. I just...