FORUM RULES UPDATED - The forum rules have been updated to continue to provide a friendly and safe environment for our member community. Please take a moment to review the updated rules and our terms of use and privacy policy. Click here for Forum Rules which has links to the 'terms of use' and 'privacy policy'.
In Other News . . .
You will notice a few enchancements to the forums to make your experience better. These include: Email Notifications, Thread Previews, Thread Starter Notation, and Emoji Options on the 'Like' icon. . .
Additionally, the merchant portions of the website have been updated and are now operational. . . . Check out iBoats for all your boating gear.
I just finished replacing the water pump impeller and reassembling the lower unit to the motor, but when I tested it, no water came out of the side of the motor. Instead, water gushed out of a hole in the rear of the upper shroud of the lower unit. It also squirted out of the oval cover to the...
I was replacing the impeller on my outboard when I noticed that the little pin in the shaft that engages the water pump seems too low. It is only about 1/8" above the lower plate. I was going to drop a single bearing down the hole to raise the shaft height a little when my better judgement...