FORUM RULES UPDATED - The forum rules have been updated to continue to provide a friendly and safe environment for our member community. Please take a moment to review the updated rules and our terms of use and privacy policy. Click here for Forum Rules which has links to the 'terms of use' and 'privacy policy'.
As the title states, I'm working on a 1972 Evinrude 18hp outboard. New points, condensers, plugs, and a new flywheel key after a torque mishap. We took the boat out (1967 Richline 14') and after putting around for a bit decided to open the motor up and see what happens. It comes up in RPM...
I recently purchased a 1977 Mark Twain V-Sonic I/O with a Mercruiser 165. As it turns out, the stern drive is completely locked up (shaft/prop won't budge). There was a lot of rust inside of the gimbal housing (to the point that the bearing won't even turn). I found someone local with a complete...