FORUM RULES UPDATED - The forum rules have been updated to continue to provide a friendly and safe environment for our member community. Please take a moment to review the updated rules and our terms of use and privacy policy. Click here for Forum Rules which has links to the 'terms of use' and 'privacy policy'.
In Other News . . .
You will notice a few enchancements to the forums to make your experience better. These include: Email Notifications, Thread Previews, Thread Starter Notation, and Emoji Options on the 'Like' icon. . .
Additionally, the merchant portions of the website have been updated and are now operational. . . . Check out iBoats for all your boating gear.
I have a 2004 Glastron SX 175 with a 3.0L Volvo Penta SX sterndrive. The current prop is a 14.5 x 19 (4600rpm = 38mph). I want to change my prop to a 14.25 x 21 to gain more top end speed. With so many brands to choose from, which should I go with? I want to keep it aluminum and less than $150...
I have a 17' 2004 Glastron SX 175 with a 3.0L motor and the Volvo Penta SX sterndrive. I'm also running a 14.5 x 19 prop. I am happy with the way it gets up on a plane and I don't have any porpoising problems. My complaint is that it seems like too much of the boat is still in the water when...
I have a new to me 2004 Glastron 175 SX with the Volvo Penta 3.0GLM-C motor. It has a manual fuel pump on the side and has an integrated fuel filter built into the pump. The operators manual says that it is a 10 micron water separating fuel filter (pn: 3855104). Is that true? Is it really a...