FORUM RULES UPDATED - The forum rules have been updated to continue to provide a friendly and safe environment for our member community. Please take a moment to review the updated rules and our terms of use and privacy policy. Click here for Forum Rules which has links to the 'terms of use' and 'privacy policy'.
In Other News . . .
You will notice a few enchancements to the forums to make your experience better. These include: Email Notifications, Thread Previews, Thread Starter Notation, and Emoji Options on the 'Like' icon. . .
Additionally, the merchant portions of the website have been updated and are now operational. . . . Check out iBoats for all your boating gear.
OK, I am ready to change the oil in my 1996 SX 5.0FL engine. I am confused about the Mobil 1 recommendations. So, what is the recommendation and weight that I should use? 30W, 10W30, 10W40, Qstate, what?
Thanks:
JAX
1996 Seaswirl B18 SX
California
Just joined, but looked at this forum for months,, Great. Two questions, I have a used 96 5.0L SX and pulled for the first time, the out-drive to grease the ?U? joints and check the gimbal bearing. I found a lump of plastic in the exhaust passage in the drive? Is this the remains of a flapper...