FORUM RULES UPDATED - The forum rules have been updated to continue to provide a friendly and safe environment for our member community. Please take a moment to review the updated rules and our terms of use and privacy policy. Click here for Forum Rules which has links to the 'terms of use' and 'privacy policy'.
In Other News . . .
You will notice a few enchancements to the forums to make your experience better. These include: Email Notifications, Thread Previews, Thread Starter Notation, and Emoji Options on the 'Like' icon. . .
Additionally, the merchant portions of the website have been updated and are now operational. . . . Check out iBoats for all your boating gear.
14 foot Lowe lake Jon, when by myself I can get on plane by leaning forward a bit and it will scoot. Once I have 2 more guys in boat, one in middle and one in front, it moves forward quickly but is very slow at wot. My current prop is probably original 3 blade 9x10. Other number on it is...
87 mercury 70hp. ok, My power pack went out a few weeks ago. So, I replaced it with a good used one from a guy in town for 50$. Motor fired right up. Had it out a few times and now I am at the same place with a blown power pack. Did i just get a used one that just went out because off age or is...
montgomery ward model #gg9016b
Motor started running with low power when I was on the water. So, I pulled carb and cleaned it. Checked the points and all the wires on coils. Everything looked good there. coils were new 2 years ago.Took it back out. It was worse running rough give full throttle...
'87 70hp mercury.
For initial startup the primer bulb would not get hard. I go motor started but it acted like it was starving for fuel. So I replaced the bulb with a new one. Same thing. not even feeling like it is sucking any fuel through bulb. It is a new tank, vent is open. Arrow pointing...
I am not sure of the year but here is the model #. I just need to know what to torque the flywheel at?
Thanks!
Montgomery Ward
Model No. GG90165
Serial No. 65X633915
I have a late 50's 12 hp sea king. It has the gas tank on top. For the last two years I have owned it, I put new plugs and cleaned carb. It runs awesome, for a few times out. Then it gets to where it will only run 1/2 throttle. I am mixing gas 25:1 tcw-3 oil. No e85 crap, just regular unleaded...