FORUM RULES UPDATED - The forum rules have been updated to continue to provide a friendly and safe environment for our member community. Please take a moment to review the updated rules and our terms of use and privacy policy. Click here for Forum Rules which has links to the 'terms of use' and 'privacy policy'.
In Other News . . .
You will notice a few enchancements to the forums to make your experience better. These include: Email Notifications, Thread Previews, Thread Starter Notation, and Emoji Options on the 'Like' icon. . .
Additionally, the merchant portions of the website have been updated and are now operational. . . . Check out iBoats for all your boating gear.
1966 rds28b (40 horse) Been having spark issues but think I have them figured out. Replacing plug wires now, is there a trick to removing the plate below the flywheel or does it simply pop off with a bit of force?
1966 johnson 40 rds28b. Top cylinder sparks fine, none in lower. swapped coils no change, possibly points or pack? What is the best way to test this. Also, the two wires on the ignition switched marked "M" seem like they link together somewhere. Using a continuity tester they show a continuous...
Wondering where I can find a new fuel pump? The one that is on there now looks like the Sierra 18-7350. On the site it shows this only as applicable up to 15hp. I also need a new ignition switch. Will just about any marine 3 position 5 terminal unit work or is there a specific part I should use...
I have a 1966 johnson 40 rds28b. The ignition has two "m" terminals one for ground and one to cut out switch. They both seem to be grounded to the block somewhere. I traced the problem up under the flywheel and from there I have no idea. Is it supposed to do this or is there a short, possibly a...