FORUM RULES UPDATED - The forum rules have been updated to continue to provide a friendly and safe environment for our member community. Please take a moment to review the updated rules and our terms of use and privacy policy. Click here for Forum Rules which has links to the 'terms of use' and 'privacy policy'.
In Other News . . .
You will notice a few enchancements to the forums to make your experience better. These include: Email Notifications, Thread Previews, Thread Starter Notation, and Emoji Options on the 'Like' icon. . .
Additionally, the merchant portions of the website have been updated and are now operational. . . . Check out iBoats for all your boating gear.
Hi Everyone,
Need some help. I have a 2 blade prop on this motor and I would like to put a 3 blade on it. I cannot seem to find what prop I need for the prop shaft on this engine. Can someone help me with some prop options and where I can order one?
Hi,
Just curious about re-jetting. At home we boat at 3500 feet, but spend much of the summer boating on a lake at 2000 ft. Should I be re-jetting for the difference?
Jake
I have been trying to trouble shoot my tach issues and found this wire not connected to anything. Looks like a ground coming from the harness plug. Any ideas and should it be loose? This is a 1979 Johnson 85hp.
Hi,
From what I have read on the other posts that the tach should be set to 6. Can anyone verify this? I have checked all power (purple and blue) and ground (black) to the tach and appears to be good. Haven't checked the grey wire yet. I assume this is the pulse from the engine. I still...
Hi Everyone,
I am new to boating and wanted to upgrade my prop.
I have a 16 ft Swiftsure Ski boat with a 1979 Johnson 85 hp 2 stroke (Boat and motor weigh approx 1500 lbs).
With the OMC painted stainless steel prop (13 3/8 x 17") I was getting (on GPS) 38 mph peak (avg about 33 mph) at WOT...