FORUM RULES UPDATED - The forum rules have been updated to continue to provide a friendly and safe environment for our member community. Please take a moment to review the updated rules and our terms of use and privacy policy. Click here for Forum Rules which has links to the 'terms of use' and 'privacy policy'.
In Other News . . .
You will notice a few enchancements to the forums to make your experience better. These include: Email Notifications, Thread Previews, Thread Starter Notation, and Emoji Options on the 'Like' icon. . .
Additionally, the merchant portions of the website have been updated and are now operational. . . . Check out iBoats for all your boating gear.
Hi !
I?m repairing an low unit of a 1990 Johnson outboard 25HP, and the repair manual reccomends the use of OMC Triple Guard Grease for the bearings, but I have Sierra Premium Marine Bearing Grease at hands. The question is: are the same type of grease (for ball and needle bearings)? The OMC...
I disassembled the lower unit of a Johnson 1990 - 25 HP to change the oil seals and make a internal inspection of the gears, and now I?m not be able to put back the linkage on the clutch dog.
I have seen some service manuals, but no one can show a correct disposition to reassemble this unit...