FORUM RULES UPDATED - The forum rules have been updated to continue to provide a friendly and safe environment for our member community. Please take a moment to review the updated rules and our terms of use and privacy policy. Click here for Forum Rules which has links to the 'terms of use' and 'privacy policy'.
In Other News . . .
You will notice a few enchancements to the forums to make your experience better. These include: Email Notifications, Thread Previews, Thread Starter Notation, and Emoji Options on the 'Like' icon. . .
Additionally, the merchant portions of the website have been updated and are now operational. . . . Check out iBoats for all your boating gear.
My 2001 5.0 GXI-B has a slight starting issue. On a cold start I turn the key to the on position, let the pump prime, let it beep twice and it fires right up. Once the boat warms up it sometimes has difficulty starting when I repeat those exact steps, however, if I turn the key straight over...
So to update, I wound up replacing both temp sensors on the exhaust manifolds to see if they could be faulty and triggering the alarm. Both of the old sensors appeared to show signs of damage when I pulled them out (see attached pics, there are small holes on the black portion of the old...
I bought a used 2002 Reinell 200LSE with a 5.0GXI back in May. The boat runs well and gauges read normal but when I have it at full throttle for 20-30 seconds I typically get an audible alarm and the engine goes into limp mode (one long beep, one short beep, pause, repeat). The oil pressure...