FORUM RULES UPDATED - The forum rules have been updated to continue to provide a friendly and safe environment for our member community. Please take a moment to review the updated rules and our terms of use and privacy policy. Click here for Forum Rules which has links to the 'terms of use' and 'privacy policy'.
In Other News . . .
You will notice a few enchancements to the forums to make your experience better. These include: Email Notifications, Thread Previews, Thread Starter Notation, and Emoji Options on the 'Like' icon. . .
Additionally, the merchant portions of the website have been updated and are now operational. . . . Check out iBoats for all your boating gear.
Ive got a 1998ish 2 stroke 20hp mariner. When i run it in the barrell it revs fully but when its on the back of my shetland and I try accelerate it wont rev much past 1500 revs i would guess. I think this is because it is having to push a weight when on the boat but it has to push no weight when...
I have a 20HP mariner 2 Stroke about 1995. In Neutral it revs no bother. When I select forward gear at full throttle it barely revs (guess no more than 1500) and pushes to boat along at about 3 knots. When reverse gear it selected it dies out completely. Any Thoughts ?
Just cleaned out the carb (watching youtube video) on my 6HP 2 stroke mariner and put it back to together. When i pump the petrol through, it leeks through bit at the top saying TOP (admittedly dont know much about carbs) on the side of the fuel inlet hose. It has a rubber seal which wasnt...
I have a 6HP mariner (recently purchased) . Its around 1999-2000 twin cylinder. I wasnt able to find out the oil to petrol ratio for it. Any help appreciated.
I recently bought a 1998 ish mariner 6HP. Its on the back of a 240 quicksilver airdeck. It starts no problem first pull with the choke and idles no bother. At lower revs it will plough along nicely but when I open up the throttle to near full revs it starts to die. I was able to plane for about...