FORUM RULES UPDATED - The forum rules have been updated to continue to provide a friendly and safe environment for our member community. Please take a moment to review the updated rules and our terms of use and privacy policy. Click here for Forum Rules which has links to the 'terms of use' and 'privacy policy'.
In Other News . . .
You will notice a few enchancements to the forums to make your experience better. These include: Email Notifications, Thread Previews, Thread Starter Notation, and Emoji Options on the 'Like' icon. . .
Additionally, the merchant portions of the website have been updated and are now operational. . . . Check out iBoats for all your boating gear.
No I don't have the old T&T or gas assist unit. I picked this motor up last August. It is a very clean and well kept motor. I just got around to mounting it on the boat. That's when I then noticed that it has nothing and I mean nothing on the lower leg to even hold it against or to the...
I have a 1996 (actually a 97, E50ESL EU ) 2cyl 50 spl. The OEM tilt/trim unit that fits this is a #438135. They fit 1989- 2000 40 & 50hp motors . In looking around for one I noticed that Some Yamaha and other brands are similar in appearance and look like they would fit into the narrower space...
1997 Johnson 50 spl. I picked this motor up recently. It does not have any tilt lift assist cylinder on it. It's manual lift of 185 lbs all the way. I planned on putting a Panther 135 tilt and trim on it anyway, so the lack of the cylinder didn't concern me when I bought it. I have come to...
I found a replacement carb from a 1982/83 johnson from a electric start model (carb 393057 35). I was wondering if it will work on my 81 johnson 35 (RCIG)(carb 324331) motor. I know it will bolt up but are there any differences between the carbs to affect its performance on the older model...