FORUM RULES UPDATED - The forum rules have been updated to continue to provide a friendly and safe environment for our member community. Please take a moment to review the updated rules and our terms of use and privacy policy. Click here for Forum Rules which has links to the 'terms of use' and 'privacy policy'.
In Other News . . .
You will notice a few enchancements to the forums to make your experience better. These include: Email Notifications, Thread Previews, Thread Starter Notation, and Emoji Options on the 'Like' icon. . .
Additionally, the merchant portions of the website have been updated and are now operational. . . . Check out iBoats for all your boating gear.
I got this motor from a friend who got it from a lady who knew nothing about it. Im trying to find anything I can about it, but Im having no luck. Can anyone tell me the statistics of this motor? Its a Nissan 5hp Model # NS5B Other number on the plate was 369~1 and the serial number is 94930...
I have what I THINK is a 1954 3hp Hiawatha outboard made by OMC's Gale Division, and sold from a Gambles Department Store that I cannot find any info on. The Model number is 538073 and the serial number is 450MI25~7959A. Im having a slight problem that I cannot seem to put my finger on. I can...
I just bought this 7.5 hp Scott Atwater 1 20. Its a 1951 model. It wont start. This is what I know thus far.
It seems to be getting fuel.
I cleaned the carb.
New spark plugs. To the touch the plug wires do have a spark, but I cant physically see a spark when testing it.
At this point, Im not...