FORUM RULES UPDATED - The forum rules have been updated to continue to provide a friendly and safe environment for our member community. Please take a moment to review the updated rules and our terms of use and privacy policy. Click here for Forum Rules which has links to the 'terms of use' and 'privacy policy'.
In Other News . . .
You will notice a few enchancements to the forums to make your experience better. These include: Email Notifications, Thread Previews, Thread Starter Notation, and Emoji Options on the 'Like' icon. . .
Additionally, the merchant portions of the website have been updated and are now operational. . . . Check out iBoats for all your boating gear.
Does this pink wire supposed to go to anything? I don't see anywhere it could plug but maybe I am missing something.
BTW its on the coil side on a 1990 Mercury 60 hp serial# 0C288343
1990 Mercury 60 hp Serial# 0C288343. This is driving me crazy. A few weeks ago I was on the lake and boat ran great, then after stopping for a hour or so fishing it didn't want to idle without using the warm up lever and barely get it in gear to move but would only run maybe 10 mph and not well...
I traced my problem I have been having to the #2 plug wire is bad, but I am having a awful time finding one. Here on iboats I see some that look identical but they are either 7" or 9". This plug wire is 17". Serial Number for motor is 0C288343. Thanks in advance.
OK I have a 1990 Monark 17' with a 1990 Mercury 3 cyl 60 HP on it. Motor runs great, starts easy, sometimes will die when it is idling but my major issue is you can't just put it into forward without it stalling, almost like there is a dead zone, I have to push it a good bit forward from neutral...
First off it is a 1978 Johnson Javelin 85, when I first put in the water it will take 5 or more minutes to get it started and idling. Then once it does idle for 5 or so minutes sitting still when we take off like yesterday I had it WOT and we were going 5 MPH for a good 5-10 minutes before it...