FORUM RULES UPDATED - The forum rules have been updated to continue to provide a friendly and safe environment for our member community. Please take a moment to review the updated rules and our terms of use and privacy policy. Click here for Forum Rules which has links to the 'terms of use' and 'privacy policy'.
In Other News . . .
You will notice a few enchancements to the forums to make your experience better. These include: Email Notifications, Thread Previews, Thread Starter Notation, and Emoji Options on the 'Like' icon. . .
Additionally, the merchant portions of the website have been updated and are now operational. . . . Check out iBoats for all your boating gear.
Finally bought a different boat. It has a rebuilt Mercury/Mariner 1989 150 hp outboard. The trim gauge did not work so I bought a new one. That one did not work. Followed the wires back to the motor and found out there is no sending unit. Bought a new oem Mercury unit but it did not come with...
I have a 1993 Cajun fish and ski. I just put a rebuilt 1988 Mariner 150 on it. Motor runs real good. However, while idling around the lake the warning buzzer went off. Motor was not overheating and started without the alarm right away. I went to pump the gas line to make sure I had good gas flow...
I jut installed a new Sea Star rack and pinion steering cable. Steering is very easy now, however it likes to veer to the starboard side. When out of the water and the motor is tilted up, it will fall to the side. There is no tension adjustment on the helm to tighten it up. Did I do something...
I have a 1983 Johnson 140 hp. I had the carbs rebuilt and it runs great, except it idles way too high. Mechanic thought it was the cables being streatched, so we replace both cables. Still idles high. He says there are no adjustment screws on the carb. He says it appears the idle arm does not...