FORUM RULES UPDATED - The forum rules have been updated to continue to provide a friendly and safe environment for our member community. Please take a moment to review the updated rules and our terms of use and privacy policy. Click here for Forum Rules which has links to the 'terms of use' and 'privacy policy'.
In Other News . . .
You will notice a few enchancements to the forums to make your experience better. These include: Email Notifications, Thread Previews, Thread Starter Notation, and Emoji Options on the 'Like' icon. . .
Additionally, the merchant portions of the website have been updated and are now operational. . . . Check out iBoats for all your boating gear.
I have a 1973 6hp evinrude it has a plastic prop and it broke today. I was wondering what prop to get the old one is 7 and a quater pitch metal if it is available. Its on a 13 aluminum lowe jon boat
I have a 1973 evinrude 6hp and I was wondering if anyone knows the correct spark plug? I was looking on diffrent plug charts and im not sure of the right one. the one that is in there now is a champion ql77jc4 im not sure if this is the right one. will it make a diffrence if it isnt the right one?
I have a 1973 evinrude 6 hp i can get it to run but not great a it wil only start at just about wot and it seems to smoke alot and there is a lot of oil in the baralle of water im running it in. it wont idle and i dont see a idle screw just a lean/rich nob connected to the carb.im running 50:1...
I just got a 1973 evinrude 6 fisherman. it runs, but not good it only stays running with throttle at max but it doesnt rev. also it seems to be smokking a lot. does anyone know where the rich/lean knob should be set at? does this sound like a gummed up carb? thanks for your help