FORUM RULES UPDATED - The forum rules have been updated to continue to provide a friendly and safe environment for our member community. Please take a moment to review the updated rules and our terms of use and privacy policy. Click here for Forum Rules which has links to the 'terms of use' and 'privacy policy'.
In Other News . . .
You will notice a few enchancements to the forums to make your experience better. These include: Email Notifications, Thread Previews, Thread Starter Notation, and Emoji Options on the 'Like' icon. . .
Additionally, the merchant portions of the website have been updated and are now operational. . . . Check out iBoats for all your boating gear.
An inexperienced boat owner buddy has "commisioned" me for my slightly better knowledge and superior repair capacity...
First thing is his PT&T is inoperative so I went and pulled the pins and removed the unit for use as manual tilt until we get the unit rebuilt.
He had a business card with...
All of the research I see finds that it is not the fault of the shop I use...
Mine has a triangular fat needle and a loose rubber type seat. Kits have a brass seat assy. and a skinny needle.
I cannot find the right number to get the right set.
Anyone help a feller out?
I keep getting...
I want to replace my needles and seats. Seems the needle and seat kit is obsolete. One source told me $27 for what I assume to be a full kit.
These carbs don't seem to need anything more than the needle and seats. I have had them off and cleaned up just to have a second leaking needle & seat...
My '86 85hp force cables finally gave up the ghost. This was a free boat and the cables were likely original. Last trip on the little lake to verify reliability before hittin' the bay, I had a little issue of the gear shift hanging up instead of going into gear. This occurred once going for...