FORUM RULES UPDATED - The forum rules have been updated to continue to provide a friendly and safe environment for our member community. Please take a moment to review the updated rules and our terms of use and privacy policy. Click here for Forum Rules which has links to the 'terms of use' and 'privacy policy'.
In Other News . . .
You will notice a few enchancements to the forums to make your experience better. These include: Email Notifications, Thread Previews, Thread Starter Notation, and Emoji Options on the 'Like' icon. . .
Additionally, the merchant portions of the website have been updated and are now operational. . . . Check out iBoats for all your boating gear.
I have 2 motors, 150, and a 15 kicker. I tried the red washers on one and a black washer on another and they were snugges down pretty tight. Just curious about the vibration.
I have never had this issue on my I/O.
Any idea if there is a torque value for the gearcase drain screws on an 86 150ETXJ? I snugged them up after the last oil change and after running the season they were loose. No water in the oil though. Does the 2stroke vibration cause this? Thanks
I have a 1986 Yamaha ETXJ outboard that after running and at idle, one head runs about 85 degrees and the other is at 110 degrees. Is that a thermostat issue? If so, who has them? Thanks